Yeah! Todd is almost done with Basic Training! We'll get to spend the day with him on Wed., he'll graduate Thurs., then we'll take him to his next training base for 7 weeks of Warrant Officer School. He's been gone 10 wks, and he's been able to make 2 phone calls, and the rest has been said through letters. I figure that between the two of us we've written 80-90 letters since he left Feb. 20th. Not bad, huh? They officially finished Basic on Tues. of this week. Their last few days were spent out in the field, with a 9-mile road march back, carrying full ruck sack and armor (an extra 40lbs or so). Thank you guys for praying for him!
This next phase won't be quite so bad, as he will be able to come home some weekends (it's just 2 hrs away) and also will be able to make some phone calls.
Todd said one of the things he's looking forward to is just to sit down at the table with our family and eat a homecooked meal, without having to scarf it down in 5 minutes.
Friday, April 27, 2007
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
2 comments:
I'm excited for your reunion. Wow from our end that 10 wks. flew by! I hope you get to go on a date because I am sure your man is going to be looking tan and buff and very irrestible, never mind the uniform!
Ang
Oh, Anna - I am so glad you guys are seeing an end in sight! And that is awesomet that he will be able to come home on weekends sometimes - have a wonderful time together! I know Samara is excited! I can't even imagine dealing with all that with Haley.
Post a Comment