I have gotten several letters from Todd, and so far it doesn't sound like much fun at all. Very little sleep, wake-up calls at 3:30 am, and some nights guard duty for an hour or two from 12:00-2:00 or thereabouts, a lot of being yelled at, and yes, a lot of pushups. The only time they have for doing laundry is from 9:00 pm - 3:00 am, so Todd was doing his at 1:00 am Sunday morning after finishing guard duty. No sleeping in on the weekends! It has been really difficult physically, and also mentally, as they're being yelled at all the time and according to the drill instructors, they can't do anything right. Today is Samara's birthday, and I know Todd was having some homesickness this week knowing he wouldn't be here for it, so please continue to pray for him. I do have a mailing address for him now, so if you're interested, you can email me and I'll send it to you.
Thanks for praying for him!
Friday, March 9, 2007
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
1 comment:
Hey!
The pictures of Samara and Hannah are so cute!!! They are both so precious and I can't believe Samara is already two years old. Time really flies doesn't it? Hannah looks like she is growing like crazy too. We are really praying for Todd. Ryan still remembers his boot camp and how hard it can be especially mentally. Soon though they will start "building back the soldier" and giving them a lot more positive feedback instead of just negativity. We love you all and I hope that we can see you all sometime soon. It would be so nice for Alex to get to play with the girls.
Post a Comment