
At the end of a full, delightful day (really this should be last, but I'd have to load them in reverse)

Bison on the way there...

My own little Laura and Mary

What fun to play dress-up with the period clothing! Right down their alley!

"Laura"

"Mary"



We pretended this was Charlotte, Laura's doll.

Climbing the stairs of the 'double pen farmhouse'. Would've been very drafty in wintertime!!

Outside the kitchen of one of the farmhouses. Neat to see the cast iron stove, like what Ma would've used when Pa surprised her in their new house on Plum Creek. The smaller farmhouse did not have a stove, but had utensils by the fire.

A bundle of dried tobacco leaves from last years harvest to take with us. Not exactly sure what we'll do with it--it's still hanging in our front entryway, its sweet smell greeting us every time we return home.

'Extra-long-handled dipper gourds'. And they were LONG!

That's the gourds hanging behind the girls.

This year's tobacco crop, harvested that day using the oxen.

The oxen, Star and Red. HUGE!! It was neat for the girls to see these oxen, as they knew about oxen from reading 'Farmer Boy'. One of Almonzo's oxen was named Star, too.

Daniel in tow...content with his milk, and tilted back so he could hold the bottle himself.

'Come on, Hannah, I'll hold your hand.' Going to see the big oxen.

I love this one of them...

such sweet girls...



The double pen farmhouse. We had a wonderful time, made esp. nice because the girls were familiar with so many of the things we saw from having read the first 5 or so Laura Ingalls Wilder books. And even in the little herb garden outside the kitchen of one of the farmhouses, there were medicinal herbs growing that they have taken in teas. We'll definitely be going back since it's less than an hour from us.
3 comments:
Thanks to facebook I knew you had uploaded or downloaded. Thanks so much. I love that one of the girls especially, too. I crave video clips!
Cute pics! Just hopped over to your blog from Welltellme... :)
Zoe (in Japan)
What a small world - yes, that is the same Jon and Heidi. We love them to pieces - they are sweetest family ever. :) I think it is so fun to see how God connects His people all over the world!
Post a Comment