Friday, March 6, 2009

Daniel Todd Kirkland

I posted some pictures on facebook, but if you don't have an account with them I think you should be able to click on this link and still view the album. http://www.facebook.com/album.php?aid=69061&id=653693460&l=7cca5 I'll try to update pictures here too, but as you know it's not always very frequent. We're glad to finally meet our little boy! He was born Monday, March 2nd (his due date) at 11:11 am, just 11 minutes after arriving at the hospital via ambulance--nothing was wrong, I just didn't have a ride to the hospital and my water had broken at home after only a few contractions, so I didn't have any idea how labor was going to progress after that point. Fortunately Todd got home just as we were getting ready to leave, so he followed us to the hospital, and made it up to the room just in time! We're thankful for a healthy little boy, and for a short labor for me, about 1 1/2 hrs. from start to finish. Daniel came out weighing 8 lbs. 7 oz (almost 2 1/2 lbs more than Samara, and over a lb bigger than Hannah), and 21" long.

2 comments:

Glidewell Family said...

Oh Anna I didn't know about the ambulance part. What excitement your little guys entrance into the world caused.
Love you!

Laura said...

We are so excited for you guys - and thanks too for the Valentines for the girls - I wasn't home when they opened them so I keep forgetting to write you about that! And Haley and Ana have something for the girls from Mexico, but they are in a box... :) What is your address - will you email it to me? I must have lost it somewhere.