skip to main | skip to sidebar

Monday, March 10, 2008

click on this one to see a great expression on Hannah's face!




If you're from the south, you've probably at least heard of the Tales of Uncle Remus, with Brer Rabbit, Brer Fox, Brer Bear, etc. and the Tar Baby (and numerous other funny stories.) We have this book that just has several stories (in a more understandable English than the original) that Samara has been enjoying lately. We actually bought the book on our honeymoon, I guess because they're stories we both enjoyed as kids. Disney also made a movie years ago called Song of the South, that is so good, but unfortunately it's very difficult to find a copy as they don't sell it anymore. I enjoy trying to read the stories in the original dialect, but it's quite a challenge!
Posted by the kirklands at Monday, March 10, 2008

1 comment:

Laura said...

YES!! I love Uncle Remus - did you ever see the movie (cartoon) about Brer Rabbit and all - I have no idea if they did a good job, but we used to love those stories. I must confess, I am having a little chuckle thinking about you trying to read in the correct dialect - :)!

March 25, 2008 at 1:10 PM

Post a Comment

Newer Post Older Post Home
Subscribe to: Post Comments (Atom)

the kirkland family

the kirkland family

Sites of Interest

  • http://www.welltellme.com
  • http://www.brucevanpatter.com
  • http://www.shoshannagardens.com
  • http://www.nogreaterjoy.org
  • http://www.bulkherbstore.com

Blog Archive

  • ►  2009 (16)
    • ►  August (2)
    • ►  May (2)
    • ►  April (4)
    • ►  March (3)
    • ►  January (5)
  • ▼  2008 (59)
    • ►  December (17)
    • ►  October (6)
    • ►  September (7)
    • ►  May (4)
    • ►  April (8)
    • ▼  March (6)
      • Keeping House
      • A Jumping Slide
      • No title
      • click on this one to see a great expression on Han...
      • Uncle Nate brought back some darling tiny shoes fo...
      • No title
    • ►  January (11)
  • ►  2007 (73)
    • ►  December (11)
    • ►  October (9)
    • ►  September (8)
    • ►  May (11)
    • ►  April (8)
    • ►  March (13)
    • ►  February (13)